Help is available for those who need support moving around the home and want to maintain their independence.
Extra care housing
Extra care housing offers older people independent living in a home of their own, with the benefit of knowing that care is available 24 hours a day.
The developments are usually close to shops, leisure and health services and public transport. They provide a place for older people who need emotional, practical or social support to maintain their wellbeing.
In extra care housing:
- residents can stay as active as they want and have access to a 24-hour care and support team
- residents are a tenant or leaseholder with their own front door to a self-contained living space
- there are opportunities for social interaction
- couples who have different care needs are supported to stay together
- residents can stay independent and choose how they would like to be supported as they grow older